Friday, March 22, 2019

Drawing on Shit that Does Not Work

Hai hai, TEOL Dev here with an update post. Progress has been pretty slow, but it's still being made. Most of it comes down to real life conflicts, but with summer coming up in a few months, a lot more is expected to be done. For now, here's a list of what's been worked on:
  • The summary of chapter 2, which is about 25% completed
  • First UTAU recordings done, editing and voice casting not complete
  • The first draft of the opening of chapter 1 has been started
  • Probably the biggest achievement, as well as the subject of today's post: all of the sprite poses are completed and are ready for being transformed into digitally-stored sprite bases
I'm not that comfortable with digital art yet, so I designed the poses in my sketchbook in terms of what the base would look like.
I don't have a scanner, so I took a picture of the sketch with my phone and uploaded it to my computer. From there, I start the process of making a rough outline in an art program (usually Fire Alpaca). This is where the trouble comes in.

My drawing tablet, which has worked in the past (although I admit to not using it much), just stops working for absolutely no fucking reason whatsoever. I think the issue has something to do with the USB cable, but since the problem hasn't been solved (it might never be), I'm stuck with using my mouse and my touchpad. Basically, my rough outlines look shittier than normal. I'm definitely not going to be working on the actual sprites until this gets resolved. I guess I'll just be working on other stuff.



No comments:

Post a Comment