Monday, January 22, 2024

Dragon deez nuts across your---

 January 16 is Appreciate a Dragon Day, and 2024 is the year of the dragon in Chinese astrology. As I mentioned in a previous post, I originally wanted BFD to be done by Jan. 16, 2024. Obviously this did not happen.

The game still isn't close to being done. It doesn't help that IRL stuff is once again getting in the way of development for me. I want to make clear, however, that the only thing that will completely cancel BFD's development is my death, and I assure you that unless something horrible happens, I won't be kicking the bucket anytime soon.

But still, it would've been nice to have SOMETHING done by last week. Then it occurred to me: next year is the year of the snake (close enough to a dragon), and Appreciate a Dragon Day is on Jan. 16 every year. What if I got something substantial done by then?

Here's my goal: instead of releasing the entire game at once, I will try to have at least the entirety of chapter 1 done by Jan. 16, 2025. If I can't complete all of it, then I will have a demo out by then. This would at least give the 2 people who read this blog SOMETHING to enjoy after years of nothing, and it would put less strain on me for having to finish the entire game before release.

Of course, there are still some major obstacles for this. I'm still a shitty artist, so I can't guarantee the art in chapter 1/the demo will be representative of the full game's quality. It will likely be changed once the other chapters get released. But hey, better something than nothing, right? At least then I could start advertising the game on Lemmasoft and whatnot.

Expect future blog posts to focus on chapter 1-related stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment